16.7.12

Jon Lord Passed Away 16th July 2012

Sad news coming from the maestro behind Deep Purple keyboard / hammond organ, Jon Lord passing away on Monday 16th July 2012. The maestro suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism and long pancreatic cancer.

If the math done correctly, sadly we shall entering that critical era of our 70s metal heroes. Rest In Peace Jon, whenever an organ solo we shall remembering you.

Compilation of Twitter reactions from metal communities:

Adam Wakeman OZZY OSBOURNE/HEADSPACE Keyboardist: JON LORD 'Was One Of My Biggest Influences And Idols'

Rudy Sarzo: JON LORD Was 'A Part Of The Soundtrack Of My Life'

David Coverdale: 'It Was An Absolute Joy And Pleasure' To Know And Work With JON LORD

Accept ‏@accepttheband
just like Ronnie was the Master on Vocals Jon Lord was the King on the Hammond Organ...R.I.P. Jon Lord I grew up.

Krist Novoselic Deep Purple’s Jon Lord Dies -- King of Heavy Hammond Sound

Dee Snider ‏@deesnider
I just found out that Jon Lord from Deep Purple passed away. What an amazing musician and a true gentleman. We lost a great one...RIP

Slash ‏@Slash
Sad day in Rock & Roll; Jon Lord has passed on. One of the biggest, baddest, heaviest sounds in Heavy Metal. One if a kind. RIP.

Jordan Rudess ‏@Jcrudess
I'm very sad to hear about the passing of Jon Lord. He was an inspiration to me!

Geezer Buttler
Very sad to hear of Jon’s death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of the great musicians of my generation. Tony Iommi recently worked with Jon, and said what a lovely bloke he was. I met him a few times, but never got to work with him. Blessings.

matt sorum ‏@mattsorum
Rip Jon Lord of Deep Purple The greatest rock keyboardist ever

Michael Amott ‏@Michael_Amott
R.I.P. Jon Lord. What a legend, the "Hammond Lord"! Thanks for all the music with Deep Purple, WhiteSnake and beyond!Tom Morello ‏@tmorello

Tom Morello
RIP the great Jon Lord, Deep Purple's cornerstone/keyboardist. So many great great songs and that incredible SOUND of his! Thankyou

Steve Lukather ‏@stevelukather
My heartfelt RIP to Jon Lord.. A massive influence of all musicians of my generation and beyond...

DAVID DRAIMAN ‏@DAVIDMDRAIMAN
BLACK SABBATH Bassist: JON LORD Was 'One Of The Great Musicians Of My Generation'

TRACII GUNS: JON LORD Was 'A Real Legend And A Real Star'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...